Thifty Finds!

7:00 AM


As I was exploring my new neighborhood, I discovered that I live less than 2 miles from two thrift stores. Of course I was eager to check them out, but when I saw them, both were closed. I went back today, one was closed yet again, but the larger one was open. In I went with an open mind looking for items I could repurpose or use in my new apartment. I saw
a few wine racks selling for $2 and a lot of glassware as I mentioned in Decorating On A Budget, but my favorite find was actually in the book section. As I scanned the bookshelves I came across... "Food and Wine Annual Cookbook An Entire Year of Recipes 2010" retailing for $29.95 and it was only 99 cents!






I continued scanning the bookshelves and found 2 other additions from 2007 and 2005,














 as well as an "Easy Organic Cooking" Cookbook! 


They may not be very recent editions, but in my opinion good recipes are ageless! The funny thing is, I don't usually think to check the book section in thrift shops, with my luck, they're often old, cheesy romance novels or children's books. These, however, were in such good condition and actually contained recipes that I could see myself preparing, and I just couldn't leave without them. I only spent $4.23 (plus the 2.50 service charge from the in-store ATM, seeing that they only take cash or check... -_-) for 4 books that would retail more than $90. Talk about getting the bang for your buck right?!

I will definitely be checking out some of the other local thrift and consignment stores to test my luck later this week. I'll be sure to let you know what I find. :)

With love,

xoxo Curly Kay

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

A Glimpse in the Past