Keep Going!

10:00 AM




Ever just have those days when you just want to call a quits on your dream? Days that you ask yourself why even bother? Truthfully, I think everyone has - we're all human, and I don't know about you, but I'm not at the point where I can say nothing ever goes wrong. Well, I have a little brain food for ya!




I was once told that there is a theory called Self-Fulfilling Prophecy, in which if you tell yourself something over and over, you will begin to believe it and act on it. Let's take a student for example; It's Wednesday and the student has a test on Friday.  Immediately after hearing news of the test coming up on Friday, the student dropped his head and said, "well here's another test I'm going to bomb". Throughout the week, the student told himself there was no point in studying because he wasn't going to pass it anyways. On test day, the student walks in to take his test, without even looking at the notes all week. The student looks at the questions on the test, shakes his head, and begins to fill in random answers because "It's no use, I don't know this stuff, I didn't even study." Surely enough, the student failed the test, but in truth, the student failed because he didn't try. That's like Target officials saying, oh there's no point in opening the stores today, we won't have any customers. They won't have any customers because they didn't open the store.

Think about it, if everyone operated on this mindset, there would be no small businesses, no corporations, no careers, etc. Society as we know it would crumble. So what makes you any different? I'm sure you have a dream or aspiration that you would love to see come true. The first step to any success is trying. Another one of my favorite quotes is one I found on pinterest that says "You may miss 75% of the shots you attempt, but you'll miss 100% of the shots you don't take." In short, if you have a dream or aspiration, you owe it to yourself to try. If things seem slow in the beginning or you are becoming discouraged with the lack of progress, just remember that the darkest hour is just before dawn, and that your success in the end will only mean that much more to you, and possibly those you may inspire.

Keep those heads up, and those smiles bright.

With love,

Curly Kay


And don't forget to follow me on instagram and twitter! @lifeascurlykay
You can also email me at mscurlykay@gmail.com if you have questions, stories, or topic requests!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

A Glimpse in the Past