Taking "Me" Time

7:00 AM

While most of my online presence is spent encouraging others to push towards their aspirations and goals, I must also remain in touch with reality. The reality is, no one can work 24/7, 365 and not become burnt out. Success is it's own reward, but it is imperative to balance your life, with work as well as relaxation. It is easy to get caught up in the fast-paced grind to achieving your goals, especially when things are going well for them, but things can quickly take a turn if you neglect to care for yourself. By taking care of yourself I mean of course the obvious eat, sleep, and rest, but I also mean taking the time to indulge in your favorite pastime or hobby.

Don't get lost in the grind that you forget to enjoy life along the way. Of course don't lose sight of your end goal, but there is nothing wrong with taking a day or two (the weekend ideally) to take a break from the upbeat rhythm of attainment and delight yourself in your likes.

Here are a few things I like to do when I take "Me Time".

1. Blog :)

Surprise, surprise! While some may think of blogging as work, it's a stress reliever for me. I've always enjoyed writing, and when I picked up blogging again, I promised myself that if it began to feel like a burden, or a job, I would let it go. I've also read a few other bloggers thoughts on their purpose for blogging and many state that if you get to the point of which blogging indeed does feel like a burden, you may have strayed away from the integrity of your blog and become lost in the stereotypical flow of "blog success". So far, it is still a calming task that I look forward to completing.

2. Reading other blogs!

When I'm not working, or blogging, I truly enjoy reading other lifestyle blogs! It's something about reading realistic posts about the everyday lives of everyday people that can be entertaining in my down time.

3. Movie Nights!

I mean, who doesn't enjoy a good movie night with a bowl of popcorn, right? I am no stranger to hopping on the couch with a glass of wine and turning on the old-faithful Netflix! When I'm really feeling like spoiling myself, I may even buy a movie ticket and go to the theatre, especially seeing that I've moved within 2 miles of a theatre.

4. Fun with Friends

Of course it's important to maintain interpersonal relationships! You don't want to become a hermit with 6 cats just because you are too success driven to keep in touch with your friends. When I have downtime I prefer to spend it laughing it up with my friends. We don't always have to go out to have fun, we can stay in and have just as much fun as going downtown!






5. Rest

Sometimes, you just need rest. I am no foreigner to naps on the couch in the middle of the day. Many people frown up at the mention of naps, but they are my (sometimes very) necessary bursts of energy and it's important to catch up on your rest. Believe me, this is one of those things you can't avoid no matter how many 5 hour energy's or Red Bulls you take. Your body will eventually take the choice out of the decision and just go into recovery mode. Those are the days you plan to take a 30 minute naps and wake up 13 hours later.

What you do in your "Me Time" could look completely different than mine, and that's normal. The important part is that you actually make time for you.

I want to hear from you! What do you do in your "Me Time"? Tweet me @lifeascurlykay and tell me!

With love,
xoxo Curly Kay

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

A Glimpse in the Past